Thursday, June 08, 2006

School’s Out! Freedom stretches its wings and screams out in the bright colors of summer! Relief is as new and fresh as the sharp pool water made blue by a shock of chlorine. The sky is dark then light again, changed by temperamental rain clouds in the shapes of fluffy creatures, too many to be described.
The last few days have been stressful sure enough, but for reasons I’m not sure of. The mood around here shifts as fast as the newly warmed flies around a barbeque. I guess we’re all just anticipating with a little too much anxiety, the busy summer ahead. Uncle Bob is visiting his mother in Georgia, to see her to good health, while Karie and I visit our mother in her room, she was too sick to go with Ub. We also were struck a blow by the news that our oldest dog, Mitch, was getting very sick, emaciated is more like it. We took him to the vet, prepared, yet poorly so, that we may have to say goodbye. To our ENORMOUS relief and surprise, the problem lay only with his diet. He is now on the road to recovery!
I enjoy these summer days so thoroughly. I would, and in fact am happy, sitting on the ground and just… well breathing. My blood is made thin by the sun and the warm slate under my feet. I become amazed by ants crawling and gathering food on the cobblestone. With this extra time on my hands, I can rediscover life around me and know truly that Wakefield is only a school with a bunch of lazy cow pies for a class. It doesn’t matter anymore, and won’t for three months.
Today, with Humphreys assistance at all times, I cleaned, shocked, back flushed, and vacuumed the pool, including its covers! I picked raspberries in the garden, an entire bowl. Karie and I may make some fancy dessert later with the good harvest. And I read, actually 100 pages of one of my summer reading books. That is a huge feat for me. I might not have to cram in August after all.


Notice, behind the adorable pup, my new edition to the room! Van Gogh classes up the room a bit.


A perfect image of summer at Millwood.


All of my books! I intend to read 20 minutes a night for 55 days in order to get all 1066 pages read!

1 comment:

ktvonfang said...

The darn pictures won't publish right, but you get the idea.