
Willa Cather describes Winter as a time when the beautiful delicate lies of nature are swept away by the winter wind, leaving behind the barren truth. Now I watch as these red, orange, and yellow fabrications swirl down to meet the fading grass, all beautiful against the bright blue sky. Distant smells of burning leaves waft through tape leaks of the front door, already littered with black dots within crawling red dots. The Woodville Picnic was last weekend and proved to be better than last year's. My finger is still slightly jammed from the almost non-stop football game. Reminiscing with Taylor about fall traditions past and present, we were satisfied to find that we still indulge in most. And now a three day weekend with a couple tests looming overhead, though their threats not compelling.
4 comments:
The picture won't load, I'll add it tomorrow when the satellite is happier.
You write so well Katie! I love the fall so much!
Nice post Katie. Karie and I had a blast out here. Your turn! :)
You should rake up a HUGE pile of leaves and then throw Humph into it.
Post a Comment