Wednesday, September 05, 2007

What I Got

Barefoot in the garden, shucking the corn, sun hidden overhead beneath sheets of rain never to fall, shorts and short sleeves, skin turning brown, pooches in the dead grass lying down, peach juice dribble on my chin, hair in a bun, beads of sweat, sliding down my neck, swimming when walking, what could be better than Virginia in July?
Summer is ending, school has started, and everyone came home for one last visit before the pool closes. Mom, UB, Jesse, Steven, Karie, Matt, Marshall, Nicole, Johan, Amanda, Breckin, Jaden, and I all shared Millwood for Labor day weekend. The house was crammed, and a constant buzz of energy could be felt as if it were coming up through the floorboards of the ancient house. The next three days were spent getting pummeled early in the morning by three different people, followed by breakfast made by Teddy from Applehill. Then we hiked up cedar run and watched Breckin take his first jump into the cool mountain waters of the east, and Jesse and I ran down the trail in about three minutes flat. All in all it was a great time, I can't wait to do it again at Christmas!

4 comments:

Jesse Von Fange said...

Goo post, 'bout time!! Use that Nikon a little more often.

auntyk said...

Nothing about the FOOD!!! TEDDY at the bakery gets all the credit????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No soup for you!!!!!!!

Jesse Von Fange said...

Hay hay hay hay hay, hows come you don't never email me no more or nothing?

Karie Elizabeth Von Fange said...

Now that I know about your new camera, I would enjoy seeing more pictures... take pictures of the nature around you... I don't see much of it here!