Friday, February 04, 2011

GMU v. HOFSTRA= DOMINATION

Wednesday night, instead of going to MMA and MCT, I headed over to the Patriot Center to see Mason's Men's Basketball team play against Long Island's best, HOFSTRA. We, of course, DOMINATED! :) Here are a few pictures.
In other news, I'm so glad it's finally Friday. I've had such a busy week. Yesterday was absolutely crazy. I started with my first class at 7:30 and had class straight through until about 5pm. It was also probably the most exciting day though. I went to my first ROTC Lab, which was located way out at the intermural fields. They had us form ranks then issued us fake M-16s and sent us out in our respective groups into the woods. Being my first day I wasn't clued into the fact that we'd be laying down in the snow half the time, so of course I didn't have gloves or anything on under my ACUs. Needless to say my pants were sopping wet and I was shivering uncontrollably the whole time :) haha oh well. Now I know. Anyway, our mission was take control of a bunker in the woods, so while Bravo team ran tactical, Alpha team (that's me) provided covering fire, which with fake M-16s is actually just us surprise yelling "BANG BANG BANG!" Haha
In another part we discussed protocol on assessing wounded soldiers and how to treat and evacuate them. It was right up my alley. I had that feeling again that I knew I was in the right place and that I knew nursing was definitely what I wanted to be doing.
Hope everyone is doing well, see ya'll on Sunday! :)


2 comments:

Steve Von Fange said...

Go the Basic Route. You'll most likely go to Fort Jackson. It's a blast! LITERALLY. MUAAWWHAAHAHAHHAA

Karie Elizabeth Von Fange said...

Heard Mason just won 20th game this season - tenth win in a row. Go patriots!