Also the title of the best worst Hallmark Christmas movie I've ever seen...
Well looks like it's Grandma, Mom, UB and me this Christmas. Unfortunately Jesse isn't able to join due to an unforseen White Christmas. It's been a good day with family, but try as I might, I can't help but be very sad knowing all of us are celebrating apart this year. I guess what I thought I could do since I can't be with you all is to share with you what I miss about you most tonight.
Karie, I particularly miss:
To the boys, "SIT DOWN! Stop pacing!"
"Why can't we all just enjoy the tree and drink wine AND TALK."
"We never talk, you never want to hang out anymore."
You might even corner me in my room and read me free verse poetry about the Irish winning back their country which thanks to you has become as intertwined with Christmas as Dickens and Tiny Tim.
"Anyone want to play a game?"
"EVERYONE must play this game."
"Mom get off your phone!"
"Boy, I wish it were colder like in olden times."
"Jesse, let's watch this movie..."
"Bob, right now, I just need to drink my coffee."
and my favorite "I love you so so much, Merry Christmas little sister."
Steve, Christmas isn't the same because you always:
INITIATE MAKING DELICIOUS EGGS CHRISTMAS MORNING!!! (and gets pushed aside by Jesse later on)
Take the dogs out and roll around with them.
Wake me up Christmas morning and let me help you wake up everyone else.
Say "MEEeeeRrrrY Christmas" like Jimmy Stewart as loud as you can startling UB when he's reading the paper.
Herd everyone into the Christmas tree room and shout "PresssENTS!!!"
Make everyone delicious coffee!
JESSE JUST WALKED IN THE DOOR!!!!! :D YAYYYYY!!!!!
3 comments:
Finally!!! Keep it up. I love it and you!!!!!
Finally!!!! Merry Christmas!!
i just love this katie. you're such a good writer... keep it coming!
Post a Comment