Sometimes there is no sweeter moment than the one as the coffee is burbling into the pot. The quiet anticipation of a mild morning sipping coffee and reading an adventure on a comfortable couch with my pooch snoring softly in eyesight is all the happiness I can handle. I think I've been too hard on my current situation. I can remember long spells of exhaustion in Texas. It seems now I have the chance to relax, and maybe that's worth a lot more than I give it credit. I will probably not stay long at lost in the woods but I think I've decided to embrace it a little bit more than I have been. I hope one day soon where I want to be and what I want to be doing will not be at the forefront of my thoughts and will instead be replaced with ideas for places and people I want to visit and ways in which I want to relax. I wonder if that just happens at a certain age? At any rate it is a fine morning/evening as I am reading about Gus and Call driving cattle to Montana. One thing is for certain, thank the Lord I am not a woman in Missouri in 1876. Lost in the woods might be bleak, but at least I ain't got 10 children and take to whoring to feed their fatherless mouths. Bleak got nothing on that!
Made Tacos last night and my project this weekend is making a spinach pie to last me while Chance is gone.
1 comment:
Love your comment Karie!!! So true. Agree with all of it! Love you kids so much!!!! Lonesome Dove - what a classic. Love it!!!
Post a Comment